Charity and Community Links
As a church school we always try to think of those in need who deserve our support and generosity. Much of our charity work is co-ordinated by the School Council, who often plan and run fundraising events throughout the school year.
The children themselves, through our School Council, choose which charities we support. The help which our chosen charities provide covers many things, but each charity must do one of the following: -
- Give relief from poverty.
- Help with education.
- Be of benefit to our community.
Each class takes responsibility for planning and leading a fundraising day for their chosen charity.
During our academic year 2019-2020, we have supported the following charities:
- Year 5 planned and led a coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support. Members of our local community were also welcome to attend.
- The whole school donated food items for our local Harvest at the Welcome Centre food bank in Huddersfield. Our Ethos and Worship team then took our donations to the drop-off centre.
- The School Council sold poppies before school for the Royal British Legion.
- Reception sold handmade clay poppies to raise money for the Royal British Legion.
- Year 2 planned and led a fundraising day for Children in Need.
- Year 4 planned and led a sports themed fundraising day for our global link in Tanzania, raising just under £750!
Keep an eye on our gallery for any charity events!
- Year 3 will be planning and leading a fundraising day in support of our local charity 'Ruddi's Retreat'.