We need your help!
At school, we will be creating a 'Recycled Rainbow' mural made up of beautiful, colourful flowers and we need the help of all the children at Linthwaite Ardron.
We would love it if you could make your own flowers to bring in, or even help by bringing in empty plastic bottles for the children in school to use!
There will be a drop-off box at school where you can leave these without having contact with anyone from within school. Please make sure plastic bottles are washed before bringing in.
Follow the steps below to find out how to make your own flower - have a look at the pictures for inspiration!
You will need:
1. With adult supervision, cut the bottom & top end off the plastic bottle.
2. Cut petals into the plastic edging. Use the picture below for guidance.
3. Paint the flower with acrylic paint. Leave to dry and paint more layers to get a deeper colour. Paint the bottle top a different colour.
4. When dry, screw the bottle top back on the top section.
5. Use glue to stick a button on the bottom section.